Do you put off going to the doctor when you know something is wrong?
Many of us are guilty of this. We’ll search the internet, try homeopathic remedies, and ignore what’s going on with our bodies for as long as possible. But why is that? The hassle? The time commitment?
You don’t have to worry about any of that at Texarkana Emergency Center. Our physician-owned medical facility focuses on getting the patient what they need in the quickest and most effective way. Because we get it, doctor’s offices aren’t everyone’s favorite place, but with zero wait time, comfortable rooms, and friendly staff, we make your visits as fuss-free as possible.
People are more inclined to get medical help when they suffer injuries like broken bones or concussions. But sometimes illnesses require the same attention for your body to heal and recover.
Here are 12 red flags that you should visit a doctor:
- You have a cold that won’t go away
- You have a fever of 101 or higher
- You have a consistent cough that doesn’t get better over time
- You experience frequent, intense headaches
- You have constant pain in your joints or bones
- You feel a sharp, shooting stomach pain that doesn’t subside
- Your inability to sleep is affecting your daily tasks
- Your stool is abnormal or black
- You cough up or throw up blood
- You lost weight suddenly and for no reason
- You have periods of confusion and drastic mood shifts
- You develop unpleasant symptoms after starting a new medication
Texarkana Emergency Hospital is equipped to diagnose and treat all medical issues. If you’re experiencing any of the red flags mentioned above, visit our facility or your primary healthcare provider. Be kind to your body, give it what it needs, when it needs it!
Disclaimer: As a service to our readers, Texarkana Emergency Center and Nutex Health state no content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinicians.