As time goes on and we adjust to our new, temporary reality, things can become redundant. And if you have kids, you know it’s a constant struggle to keep up with their demand for entertainment.
Playing board games and throwing the ball may be fun for a while, but once they get tired of that, it’s easy to resort to mindless activities to pass the time. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of educational and creative ways to keep your kids occupied and mitigate boredom while at home!
Combating Cabin Fever
Here are 15 electronic-free activities to keep your kids entertained:
- Tie-dye old shirts
- Create a time capsule and bury it
- Bake new recipes
- Take online PE classes
- Host a dance party
- Make slime
- Build a fort or clubhouse
- Read, read, read!
- Go on daily walks or bike rides
- Go through old family photos
- Make a family tree
- Sing karaoke
- Use a telescope to stargaze
- Go on a scavenger hunt around the house or yard
- Write a story and then perform it for an audience of stuffed animals or family members
However, some days it’s nearly impossible to withhold electronics from kids. And at some point, it may not be worth the fight anymore. But not all screen-time has to be meaningless!
Here is a list of enjoyable, educational screen-time activities:
- Whale watching at the Georgia Aquarium
- Take a virtual field trip to Yellowstone National Park
- Explore the Boston Children’s Museum
- Visit the alligators at Everglades National Park in Florida
- Watch the Cincinnati Zoo livestream, available on their Facebook page at 3 pm every day
- Conduct a Bill Nye the Science Guy-approved experiment with household products
- Watch the Reading Rainbow on YouTube (Germs Make Me Sick episode)
A note from us
During this uncertain time, there is one thing you can count on for certain; Texarkana Emergency Center is open and here for you. If a medical emergency arises, we’re ready to help 24/7, 365 days a year, including holidays.
We hope you and your family are staying home and staying safe!
Disclaimer: As a service to our readers, Texarkana Emergency Center and Nutex Health state no content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinicians.
Nutex Health, Inc supports you and your family’s health. You can depend on Texarkana Emergency Center, or any of our concierge-level medical facilities to deliver the emergency care you deserve, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.